BirdWatch Ireland and Branches
- BirdWatch Ireland
Established in 1968, BirdWatch Ireland is the largest independent conservation organisation in Ireland.
- Cavan Branch
- Cork Branch
- Carlow Branch (Facebook)
- Fingal Branch
- Galway Branch
- Kildare Branch
- Laois Branch (Facebook)
- Limerick Branch (Facebook)
- North Louth Branch
- Roscommon Branch
- Sligo Branch (Facebook)
- Tipperary Branch
- Waterford Branch
- West Cork
- Wicklow Branch (Facebook)
Miscellaneous Links - Ireland
- An Taisce
The National Trust for Ireland.
- Bat Conservation Ireland
Conservation of Ireland's bats
An online bird recording scheme run jointly by the BOU, BTO and BirdWatch Ireland.
- Bull Island Birds
The North Bull Island biodiversity website.
- Dublin Naturalists' Field Club
The DNFC has the general aim of promoting interest in all branches of natural history.
- Dun Laoghaire - Rathdown County Council
- Irish Birds
Tom Shevlin's great pictures of rare and common birds.
- Irish Ramsar Wetlands Committee
Promotes implementation of the Ramsar Convention.
- Irish Rare Birds Committee (IRBC)
Maintains the list of the birds recorded in the Republic of Ireland.
- Irish Rare Breeding Birds Panel
The panel compiles records of rare breeding birds, typically those species with 100 or fewer pairs.
- Irish Whale and Dolphin Group (IWDG)
Dedicated to the conservation and better understanding of whales, dolphins and porpoise in Irish waters.
- National Museum of Ireland
- National Parks & Wildlife Service
Government department which maintains and enhances populations of flora and fauna in Ireland.
- Northern Ireland Birdwatchers Association
Documents and records information about the birds and wildlife of Northern Ireland.
- Northern Ireland Birdwatchers Association Records Committee
Maintaining the Northern Ireland bird list.
- Seal Rescue Ireland
A team of dedicated volunteers who take care of orphaned, sick and injured Common and Grey Seal pups that are rescued from around the coast of the Republic of Ireland.
- Tallaght Gulls & Rings
Graham Prole's record of ringed gulls in Tallaght and elsewhere.
- Wexford Wildfowl Reserve
BirdWatch Ireland and the National Parks and Wildlife Service working in partnership to study and protect wildfowl.
Miscellaneous Links - Great Britain, Europe etc.
- Association of European Records and Rarities Committees (AERC)
Information about National Rarities Committees in Europe.
- BirdLife International
A global partnership of conservation organisations that strives to conserve birds, habitats and biodiversity.
- British Birds Rarity Committee (BBRC)
The BBRC is the official adjudicator of rare bird records in Great Britain.
- British Ornithologists' Union (BOU)
Engages in a wide range of bird conservation projects.
- British Trust for Ornithology (BTO)
An independent charitable scientific research institute which undertakes many surveys including Bird Atlas 2007-2011.
- Dutch Birding
The website of the Dutch Birding Associantion.
- IOC World Bird List
Various lists (in spreadsheets) of world birds including subspecies compiled by the International Ornithologists’ Union.
- International Wader Study Group (IWSG)
Engages in researching waders and shorebirds.
- Internet Bird Collection (IBC)
Videos, photographs and sound recordings of all the Birds of the World.
- Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB)
Bird conservation organisation.
- Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT)
Engages in the conservation of wetlands.
- World Wide Fund for Nature
Attempts to stop the degradation of the planet's natural environment.
Sharing bird sounds from around the world.